1. If you were given an hour to use a $200 Amazon gift card, what would you buy?
Books. Books, books and more books. The $200 would only put a small dent in my wishlist, but it would seriously help with my lack of new material these days!
2. Are there any fairly common foods that you’ve never had?
I can't think of anything. My husband likes all sorts of foods and is totally into trying new things. Since we've been married (and somewhat before then, but I've gotten better about being less resistant since we've been married) I have tried all sorts of things that I never would have thought I'd try as a teenager. I don't remember ever having brussel sprouts, does that count?
3. What was your favorite way to use your imagination as a kid?
I was going to be an author. I wrote all these silly short stories. Most of them made no sense, but hey, what do you want? As a young teen, I collected names I liked and developed characters based on them. My childhood best friend and I were also trying to write a TV series (I have most of the 2-hour pilot actually written... somewhere on a disk)
4. What’s your favorite state? Why?
Well, I like FL, but it has it's problems, of course. Maybe N Carolina? I spent time there every summer as a kid and I loved it. It's usually warm enough that they don't get a ton of snow, but not nearly as hot as the Sunshine State.
5. If it was our culture to have our parents choose our spouses, do you think yours would make a good choice?
I think my dad would have picked the husband I've got. He always hated my boyfriends before him and he has always liked my husband, long before there was anything between us (that we were aware of). I think my mom would have picked someone like him and she loves him, specifically. My mom has different criteria for a mate than my dad, but ultimately, I think they would have chosen him without much effort. Of course, I don't think my MIL would have chosen me, but...
6. What’s your favorite herb?
7. If you could have dinner with one celebrity, who would you choose?
Julia Roberts. I just adore her.
8. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
I have categories of Disney movies. Classic movies: Sleeping Beauty. Modern, old-school animation: Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast. Pixar: Monsters, Inc. But if I had to give them all up, sans 1, I'd probably choose Beauty and the Beast because I would watch it over and over and get something new every time.
9. If you had to listen to the same song over and over for 24 hours, what song would you choose?
Either something instrumental (I once actually made a tape of 60-minutes of nothing but Christmas Eve: Sarajevo 12/24) or mellow, like Norah Jones. Music really effects my mood, so I would need something with pleasant sounds and lyrics or I'd get really stressed. (but I do love some Bohemian Rhapsody, Chelsea!)
10. How do you order your steak?
Medium-rare to medium. I like it warm to hot all the way through, but a little pinkish to red in the middle.