Thursday, October 6, 2011

Loyalty

You know, it's funny, my closest friends - the ones I confide in, the ones who come to me when they need someone to complain to, the ones who I spend the most time with... they haven't so much as RSVPed to my party. I take that back, one of them did, but it was a no. None of them have offered to host a party and a couple of them have completely ignored every mention and invitation I have made/sent, etc. But my 2 oldest friends? The ones I met in Kindergarten and 1st grade, respectively? Yeah, they're coming. One is even driving across the state (a good 2+ hours) to come and she has even said she'd be interested in hosting a party if I was willing to drive that far to do one. (I am.) I find it interesting to see how people react to their friends when they are asked to do something for them like this. You would think that my BEST FRIEND would want to help me and support me, as I have done for her for years and years. But she can't even leave her son's t-ball game a little early to be there for me in this.

I know I keep complaining about this, but I feel like it's incredibly rude and stressful to have so many people ignoring the RSVP request on the invitation. I have made it as painless as possible (email! FB!) - I mean, really, you don't even have to DO anything. Click a flipping button.


1 comment:

  1. People can be weird about direct-sales stuff. I'm sorry this isn't going as well as you hoped.

    ReplyDelete