Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10 on Tues: Vacationing

1. You’re packing for a week long vacation, do you pack ahead of time or wait until the last possible minute to pack?
I start the planning part ahead of time. I make lists, and if it's clothes that I won't need in the meantime, I start some small piles of stuff, etc. But mostly I do the bulk of the packing in the last 24 hours.

2. Are you a light or heavy packer?
Somewhere in the middle. I hate not having the clothes/extras that I want, so I tend to bring 2 sets of PJs (one for if it's cold, one for if it's warm), tons of extra undies, extra shirts, etc.

3. What are your favorite road trip snacks?
Goldfish, pretzels, and Coca Cola

4. Do you take any reading material along?
I always take a book or two or my Kindle, but I get carsick if I read in the car, so it's for any downtime once we're at our destination or on a plane...

5. Do you prefer to drive or fly to your vacation destination?
Depends on how long it would take. If it's less than a day and I get a whole week, then I'm fine w/ driving. But if it's a really long trip, then I am all about the airplane!

6. What is your favorite time of the year to take your vacation?
Probably summer - so I get out of the sweltering heat of FL.

7. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
North Carolina mountains, New Orleans, St Augustine.

8. You are vacationing in the mountains, what is your favorite thing to do while there?
Shop. :) As a kid, we'd go to all these cute little towns and look in the quaint little shops. I loved it. Also, I loved checking out the historical areas nearby. We used to go to NC every summer and I loved Old Salem Village, Cherokee, The Biltmore Estate... it was great.

9. You are at the beach for your vacation,  do you like to take it easy on the beach or play all day in the water?
Take it easy. Partially because I burn easily and hate being out in the sun very much and partially because I'm not really a beach person in general.

10. While your on vacation do you prefer to eat out every night or cook some of your own meals?
Depends on how long we're gone, but I love to eat out in general. My husband and I do a lot of lunches/breakfasts by getting stuff at the grocery that we can store in our rooms (fresh fruit, crackers, etc.) and then eat out in nicer restaurants at night. I love sampling the local cuisine.

For more, visit Chelsea, here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to freak out about packing for the Blathering. Why in the heck did I decide to take two children on a plane???

    ReplyDelete