My OB appt yesterday revealed 2.5cm, 80% effaced, a cervix "like mush" and the baby's head "Very, very low." She estimates we will have a baby by lunch time on Thursday. She thinks it will be very fast and easy. Of course, she may just be telling me that to boost my confidence, but I'll take it! :)
I have some stuff to do today - and I know not everything is going to get done before we leave for the hospital in the morning, and I'm currently feeling okay with that. My mom called this morning and was giving me grief about the schedule for the move into the new room. My dad told me last night that he didn't want any furniture moved in tonight, he wanted those extra couple of days that I'll be in the hospital to finish some stuff and the furniture would be in the way. My mom is impatient and wants everything perfect to set up while we're in the hospital. I understand that she wants to be all "HGTV" and everything, but this is real life, not a TV show.
She then suggested that we just wait until the following week (more than 10 days later) when she is taking time off to help me with the baby and Fuss. She doesn't want to put up the curtains until the furniture is in there "because they need to be cut off and you can't do that until the furniture is in" - I'm at the point where I want to move in as soon as logically possible and I'll hang dark sheets on the windows if she'll just put up the hardware, if that's what it takes. Grrrrr. I'm frustrated. I kept telling her I wasn't going to stress over it and she kept telling me she didn't want me to stress over it and then putting more pressure to get it done to her schedule...
I am one day away from delivering my son. I am incredibly excited. I can't wait to meet him!