Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Those steamy romances...

I recently read “Everyone Worth Knowing” by Lauren Weisberger. I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoyed The Devil Wear’s Prada. This was even better. Partially because I didn’t want to constantly wring the main character’s neck every other page for being so stupid and partially because, well, I don’t know. I just liked it.

Anyhow, the main character, Bette (pronounced like Midler, not Davis) has this book club. They’re addicted to those romance novels that many people read and very few people admit to. I’m totally jealous. I would love to be in a group like that. I love those movies that portray a story that’s just a bit far-fetched in the romance department. A little risky, a little dangerous. In fact, I recently watched A Friend’s Betrayal on Lifetime last night (or the first half since I was TiVo-ing 2 things already for the second half of the movie, I had to give it up.) Brian Austin Green plays an 18 yr old who falls in love with his mother’s high school best friend. It was a great movie. Not cinematically, but just really addicting. I also loved the remake of Notorius with John Shea and Jenny Robertson.

I love romance books. They’re “trash” but so addictive. Other than our old seamstress, I don’t know anyone who reads them, but I love them. Crazy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment