Last week's 10 on Tuesday that I never answered
And below are this week's questions.
1. What is the weather like in your city today?
Warm, but some breeze. We got some rain at the end of the week that cooled things off a bit instead of being miserable and muggy.
2. Do you like the zoo?
It's okay. I love seeing Fuss's reaction to the animals. But she always wants to pet them, which... can be a challenge to explain why she can't pet the pretty tiger/monkey/elephant.
3. Do you eat coconut?
Baked in stuff, sure. It's been at least 2 decades since I ate sweetened coconut by itself out of a can and probably nearly that since I had the opportunity to eat it out of the shell.
4. Have you ever hammered a nail? Are you good at it?
Yes and yes. Usually. My dad worked construction when I was a kid, so I've grown up around tools.
5. Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often?
As a kid, yes - we spent time in the North Carolina mountains every summer and seriously miss that - I miss having one specific place to take my own family for vacations. But my husband and I have done several weekends in St Augustine since we got married and we spend a lot of time in Orlando.
6. How many pillows do you sleep with?
7. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Feed the Little Man. Usually because he's the one waking me. If that is already taken care of, I go to the bathroom and put drops in my eyes.
8. Will you send your kids to summer camp?
I dunno. I had a couple of experiences going to camp and it was okay. But nothing so earth-moving that I desperately want my kids to repeat it. If they want to go, they can go.
9. What do you put in your baked potatoes?
If I'm eating a potato on it's own (like not as a side dish) I prefer cottage cheese and salsa or broccoli and melted cheese. If it's a side dish, I do butter and salt.
10. Did you take swimming lessons as a kid?
Yes. Some elderly neighbors who were the only ones (at the time) on our street who had a pool and so they opened up their pool to us on Saturday mornings every weekend in the summer and had a teacher come and teach all the neighborhood kids. (The parents paid for the teacher, but the pool was free.) It was great.
1. If you could watch only one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hmmmm. That would be hard. Right now, I'd say the movies I can watch over and over again are Love, Actually and The Notebook (though I haven't seen that one in awhile. I might have to pull it out again this week.)
2. Let’s say someone wrote a screenplay about you; what actor/actress would you choose to play you and why?
If we're going for looks, than I'd say Bryce Dallas Howard. (when we were both much younger, I actually got mistaken for her at Universal Studios theme park. Seems she had been there with her dad a few days prior and the shop employees kept calling me Bryce)
If we're talking favorite actress because of talent, etc. I'd say right now my faves in my age bracket are Anne Hathaway and Rachel McAdams. (But my all-time favorite actress is still Julia Roberts. But she's quite a bit older than me, so I don't think she could play me if a story of my life.)
3. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in theaters?
I know it wasn't the first one, but the first one in my memory is An American Tail.
4. Did you ever make out at the back of a movie theater in middle school/high school?
No. Really? Who does that?
5. Are you a Netflix-er, Blockbuster-er or a Redbox-er? (Or none of the above?)
Netflix, but mostly for the streaming feature through the Wii.
6. Name one actor/actress who you would give anything to have a dinner date with.
Like a date as in romantic-like? Hmmm. Can I say Sean Connery and not seem weird? Because he's a thousand years old and still sexy.
7. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
8. Do you sneak snacks into the theater when you go?
I used to. And considering that money is tight again, I may have to again if we ever go back to the movies. But I usually want a drink the most, followed by nachos, instead of candy, so those are much harder to sneak in. When/if I take Fuss to the movies, I'll probably sneak in some snacks.
9. Movie theater popcorn: love or hate it?
I'm sort of iffy on popcorn in general. I like it small doses, but I hate the way the kernels get stuck in my teeth.
10. What is the all-time best Disney movie in your opinion?
Animated? Beauty and the Beast.