Tuesday, May 17, 2011

America's Next Top Mommy?

There's a cable station - Oxygen, I think - that shows America's Next Top Model marathons every Tuesday. I love that show. I love seeing the make overs and learning the posing, etc. I have loved Tyra for a long time. I don't watch it on Prime Time because my husband isn't a fan. Neither of us like "reality TV" as a general rule.

Sometimes, watching it makes me feel old, frumpy, ugly. I mean, these girls are so young and beautiful. Even the ones who have had a baby have these FABULOUS bodies. I'm 30 years old and I have NEVER had a body like that. It's intimidating.

But sometimes, it's inspiring. I learn new make-up tips. I learn about fashion and little tricks to make myself look better. It makes me want to put my make-up on even when my only audience is my 3 year old and my 8 month old.

And I can be fierce. Even when I'm covered in baby drool.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen that show. I feel like I should, since so many people like it!

    ReplyDelete