Wednesday, May 25, 2011

10 On Tuesday (on Wednesday)

1. Have you ever used Craigslist?
I've sold stuff on Craigslist and I've advertised for garage sales on there, and I've shopped, but not actually bought anything from someone on craigslist.

2. Can you sew?
I can sew a straight line. I'm completely self-taught. I took one lesson from a friend who is such an amazing and creative seamstress/designer that she designed and made her best friend's wedding dress recently. She taught me how to follow a pattern and I almost finished a dress for Fuss when she was much tinier. But we never got to how to put in the zipper and I didn't finish it.

3. Do you pour syrup on your pancakes or dip your pancakes in the syrup?
Both. I do a little drizzle and then a puddle and dip. I don't want to get it too soggy, but I want it to soak up some of the flavor. But I really only like IHOP pancakes, so I don't do it very often.

4. Rain storms: Love them or hate them?
I like them as long as I am safely in the house, hopefully curled up with a blanket and a good book.

5. Do you like swimming?
In small doses. I like to swim, but I'm not a terribly strong swimmer. I loved being in the water the summer I was pregnant with the Little Man. Was the only time I didn't feel heavy.

6. What kind of drink do you order at Sonic?
All of the ones around me have closed, so I don't get to order from them much, but I liked the watermelon slush.

7. Are you funny?
Sometimes. My husband thinks I am and he is one of the wittiest, funniest people I know, so there has to be something to that opinion.

8. At what age will your kids get cell phones?
My current theory is when they start driving. That's when/why I got my first cell phone (not that it was an option before then, really) and I think that makes sense.

9. What’s your favorite vegetable?
Broccoli.

10. Were you a Girl Scout?
Nope. My mom was a troop leader before I was born and I wanted to be a Brownie/Girl Scout when I got to that age and my neighbor friend joined Brownies. But it didn't work out. My mom put me in the church group we had that was sort of similar - Pioneer Girls.

1 comment:

  1. I've been dying to go swimming since we got back from our cruise. We should have gotten a YMCA membership for at least as long as I'm pregnant or something. Too late now.

    ReplyDelete