Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Unto the Breach


I'm debating a pause in my temping/testing/posting, etc. I'm struggling with whether or not it's an obsession and whether I'm really letting God take control. I've always been about "He helps those who help themselves" and not waiting for His answer to hit you on the head, but... Where do you draw the line?

I’m in a horrific amount of discomfort this week. That firedrill in heels did me in. My delts are so incredibly sore. And not just sore. I’m having trouble moving. I can sit with little pain, but to stand requires much effort. Yuck.

I’m on CD 13 and no O yet. My temps have stayed down the last couple of days, but my OPK last night was darker, so I’m assuming that means we’re moving forward.

My sister and her family are coming over tonight for dinner. I’m nervous. I haven’t seen the boys in 2 years and I’ve never met my niece. And I don’t “understand” boys a lot of the time, especially not 5 and 7 year olds. Not growing up around many boys, the old adage “boys will be boys” makes me uncomfortable. But I can’t wait to see them.

The title of today's post is the title of last night's episode of Gilmore Girls. The announcement was made this week that my beloved Girls will not be returning next season, and next week's episode will be their last. I am mourning this decision, but I will share more on my opinions of this at a later time. I'm leaving work early today to race home and start dinner for my sister's arrival and have too much to do to rant about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment