Thursday, January 13, 2011

No Air

Am beginning to freak out. And it's all my mother's fault! She is desperately trying to convince me that going up to help my sister is a bad idea (she keeps telling me to wait a week - like that is going to help the weather problems? And THIS is when she needs the help!) and she's making me a nervous wreck. I now keep having visions of something terrible going wrong on our way up there and I just... I'm freaking out, I'm completely stressed and all I want is curl up and make the world fade away.

But I'm a mom and I have 2 kids and I can't make the world go away.

I am cranky, stressed, irritated, frustrated and wondering what the heck I've gotten myself into. I ran around all morning going to the chiropractor and going to the mechanic's. I got new tires and a few other repairs. The baby is fussy, Fuss is cranky... no one is in a good mood today. And my husband's dog has some sort of head cold/congestion or something and is making this horrible sound like a wild boar or something and it is both making my skin crawl and driving me up the wall. On top of everything else.

It looks like I may have to leave on Saturday instead of Sunday, losing my day of packing/planning/time with my husband. But the weather is supposed to be nicer on Saturday up there, soooo....

I'm awake and I'm feeling crushed. I can only imagine how I'm going to feel tonight when I try and go to sleep. (Have I mentioned how, in times of stress, I have dreams where I'm being crushed? Yeah. It's real fun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment