Tuesday, January 11, 2011

10 on Tuesday

1. Is there a band/artist that you HATE?
I just don't get some of the teeny bopper artists - like say, Justin Beiber. But hate? not that I can think of. Do out-dated ones count? I can't stand Aaron Neville and I never liked NKOTB, though I grew up in the era of those little girls who worshipped them.

2. What do you do when you get a gift that you do not like? How do you react?
I always try to come up with something nice to say to the giver because I truly believe that it's the thought that counts. But I try to give it away to someone who might appreciate it. If that isn't possible, I donate it a thrift store or something. Or keep it for the inevitable White Elephant gift exchange.

3. How is your work office/cubicle decorated?
I don't really have one, though when I did, my desk had an assortment of pictures (my wedding party, my husband, an ultrasound picture) and odd little chotchkies that I had picked up around the office.

4. Do you use all of your vacation every year?
Again, I don't get vacation time. :) But I used to use all or most of it for the few years I DID get vacation. I used up the balance of it when I took maternity leave because I didn't have PAID maternity leave, just time off. My husband almost never uses all of his. He either cashes out some of it or rolls some over, or both.

5. Did you have a real or fake Christmas tree?
Sigh. We have a fake one. It's a SMALL fake one, too. I always had real trees growing up, so it saddens me to have a fake one now, but I HATE putting up the lights, so the pre-lit option was the real selling point. I think we're going to take the plunge and buy a big, nice, pre-lit tree next year.

6. If you could have anything for dinner tonight, what would it be?
Sushi or Thai

7. Do you bite your fingernails?
No, but I do scratch at the surrounding skin when I'm nervous or anxious.

8. How many cups of coffee do you drink each day?
Maybe 1? I don't have coffee every day because it upsets my stomach.

9. Do you have a nervous tick?
Not really. When I'm on the phone and having a conversation I'm nervous about, I pace. I can't stand still when I'm talking to someone I'm not extremely comfortable with.

10. How often do you vacuum?
Not often enough.

1 comment:

  1. I pace while on the phone too! Never thought about that one!

    ReplyDelete