Monday, January 10, 2011

Helping Out

I talked to my sisterfriend this weekend. She is due this week with her 5th baby and -long story short - I am driving up to GA with my kids once the baby comes to help her. I was nervous at first, but when I talked to her about it, she was so happy and so grateful that I feel so much more at peace with the choice. My mom is giving me grief about it. It's not that she doesn't want me to help her (she loves her like a daughter) but she is concerned about me driving that far (so am I, but I think I can handle it) and all the worrisome things that my mom worries about. (She doesn't like me driving in Tampa.)

So I'm creating a packing list and to do list of things to accomplish before we go. I'll have some notice, but the date isn't concrete yet.

I'm mildly worried about my kids. Fuss doesn't always want to sleep in a bed other than her own and the Little Man is sensitive to his surroundings and who knows what a house that already has 4 kids (plus the baby) in it will be like? But I'm getting a room for just the 3 of us (the girls' room) so hopefully we'll be fine.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's really nice of you to be doing that for your friend. The kids will be fine; they may not sleep well while they're there, but I'm sure Fuss will love the playmates and they'll get the hang of everything.

    *5* kids though, geez!!

    And BTW, should I resent your mother for seeming so controlling? It's just like when she wouldn't "let" you go anywhere after Fuss's episode in JCP. It's one thing to worry (it is a long drive for you to do by yourself), but to give you grief about something you want to do doesn't seem fair either.

    Be careful out there - it's supposed to be icy up in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete