Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Honey, I'm Home

My baby is sick. According to the pediatrician, he has a standard cold and a mild ear infection. To hear him tell it, he is either in the depths of the plague or being tortured within an inch of his life. All he does is cry and scream. And he wasn't sleeping well (until this morning, when I finally got him to take a significant nap by starting him on my chest, and then moving him to an awkwardly-propped-up-but-on-his-tummy-sort-of position. And there is nothing I can really do for him. He doesn't want to be set down - ever - and I just am so tired, and so frustrated. I feel like I need to DO something and I can't.

I was worried that it was something more serious. The pediatrician didn't even consider that. He has a low-grade fever somewhat constantly and he's just so miserable...

My trip to GA was good, the driving was fine and I never came anywhere near sliding off the road into a ditch/snowdrift/deep ravine as my mother was sure I would. Other than nearly slipping on the icy driveway while carrying the baby into the house when I first got there and Fuss slipping on the same icy driveway twice during the week because she was hopping around, despite my instructions to do otherwise, we had no weather-related incidents whatsoever. I will post more on my experiences and observations after hanging out with a household (or two) full of kids later. Right now, I need to get back to cuddling my sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment