Tuesday, January 4, 2011

10 on Tuesday: My Home

1. What type of home do you currently reside in? (house, apartment, etc.)
A house.

2. If you could completely redecorate one room in your home, what room would you pick, why, and what would you do to it?
My great room, but since that is technically cheating, I'd probably say my living room. We've been slowly trying to do this over the last 2 years, but I really think it would be better if we could just DO IT. But that's expensive. So we do it slowly. I have a new couch and a new rug, so really now it's about fixing it up (ie: organizing) and a few details, I think.


3. What is your favorite place to gain inspiration for your home decor style?
Magazines and HGTV, etc. I can't say I've ever redone a room to copy what I've seen, but I try to get a feel and then do it on a budget.

4. What is your favorite piece of decor in your home?
Decor? I have no idea. Maybe the new painting in the dining area of the great room? I love my dining table and I love my bedroom's overall look (when it's clean)

5. What do you want visitors to feel when they visit your home? Do you think your home gives off that feeling?
I want people to feel comfortable and peaceful. I don't think I'm there yet, because I feel like there is too much chaos - and not just the kids and the dogs. I've still got stuff crammed everywhere leftover from our construction this summer, and I just want to snap my fingers and magically have it all organized.

6. Describe your home in one word and explain why you chose that word.
Transition. I feel like certain rooms are there, or would be there if I could keep them clean, but other things are waiting to be updated, finished, or re-done.

7. What are some predominant colors or patterns in your home?
LOTS of green and blue and brown. But then, we love those colors, so it's not a shocker.

8. What is your favorite room in your home and why?
My bedroom. Because it's basically perfect.

9. Do you take a hands-on or DIY approach to projects around your home or do you enlist or hire help?
Daddy Fuss does a lot, and/or my dad helps out, since it seems like he can do everything. About the only thing my dad isn't willing to tackle is medium-to-large electrical projects, so we hire out for those, of course. We're also going to have to hire a plumber when we re-do our bathroom.

10. Where is your favorite place to shop for home furnishings?
Well, I would have said American Signature, because I like that store a lot and they have good prices, etc. But my favorite piece is from Kanes and my couch which I love (and would love more if Fuss would stop spilling her juice all over it) and we had a great experience picking out and purchasing was from Ashley. My bedroom set (which is gorgeous, still in incredible shape, but is really huge, so I'm wishing we could at least think about replacing) and my recliner (love) are both from AS, so it's probably still my favorite go-to furniture store.


More 10 on Tuesday can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment