Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Excited

Excited about the outlet sale - already placed my order, got my SIL to place hers and now I have to get my mom to check it out. You too can get in on these prices - 50% or more off original retail! Stock up on gifts for birthdays, baby showers, etc.

My Gramma is moving to town tomorrow. I am also psyched about that. She's beginning to show her age a bit more (she's 84) and has been more forgetful and not as spry as she once was. Which is understandable, but still, it will be nice to have her closer where I can check in on her more, we can get together more often and if she has any problems, my mom and I are more available to her. It will be wonderful to have her nearby. I have been wanting to spend more time with her, but making the 2-hour car trip with the 2 kids is not easy. And since much of the trip is somewhat in the middle of nowhere, it's not something I like to do by myself very often. This move will allow me to visit her for an afternoon or just drop in to take her to lunch. As her favorite granddaughter, (well, in my mind anyway! she would never admit to that) I am very happy that she moved closer to us and not further away (and thus closer to my uncle and his family.) Not that I begrudge her time spent with the other part of the family, but I think this will ultimately be more relaxing for her as opposed to always feeling like she needs to help out with my soon-to-be 12-year-old cousin, T.

Anyhow, also a relation-of-sorts of mine is getting married tomorrow. I won't be able to be there, unfortunately, but I am so happy for her - I know that this guy is basically her best friend and that is the BEST way to begin a marriage. I am still madly in love with my best friend, nearly 7 years into our marriage and it just gets better and better.

2 comments:

  1. My grandparents moved this year - from 45 minutes away to 28 hours away:( I'm bummed we'll almost never get to see them. Hope everything goes well for your Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember if I clicked away before filling out the captcha for my comment. Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete