Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Contentment

If you had asked me a week ago if I were content with my life, I would have sighed and told you no. For that matter, if you had asked me that the minute I woke up this morning, I would have answered the same.

But I'm reading a book that is reminding me how much I have to be thankful for - that being content in my life right now... is what I want to be. I look at my children - and they are SO beautiful. So smart and fun, and despite the fact that they often run me ragged, I enjoy them so much. And I wouldn't give them up for anything.

So it is my desire to be content in the gifts that I have been given. To enjoy each day and each moment of my life more fully.

People keep asking me what I want for Christmas - and they are trying to get a bead on what I want for my BIG GIFT when they ask. I can't tell them. I don't know. I don't really want for anything in my life right now. I have a beautiful family - a husband who loves me and two amazing children. I have a home that isn't perfect, but is more than sufficient for our needs. I have friends and a life that is really pretty good. I have been blessed. And I need to be reminded that I should be - and truly am - grateful for all of these things.


2 comments:

  1. The Resolution for Women - based off of the movie Courageous that came out a couple of months ago. I'm only 2 chapters in and already inspired.

    ReplyDelete