Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Goals for 2010

I hate New Year's resolutions. I kind of feel like they are an excuse to put of good-behavior ("it's December 17th and I should really work on sticking to a budget - I'll do that for my New Year's resolution and then I don't have to start for another few weeks!"). I also hate that once people mess up on said resolutions they practically give up on even trying again. ("Oops. It's January 13th and I ate too many cookies! Guess my New Year's resolution to lose weight is over. Pass the cookies!")

I have 2 things I'd really like to do this year. (Well, 4, but I'll touch on the others, too)

1) Lose fat. I'm seriously hoping to get pregnant this year, but I know that I can still lose fat content, even if I don't lose pounds due to the pregnancy. (Which is what I did the last time)

2) Start writing again. I know that I can write every day, thanks to NaBloPoMo. I mentioned at the end of that, that I wasn't crazy about writing 7 days a week, but I was inspired by Maggie who wrote a novel during the month of November for NaNoWriMo. I'm going to figure out monthly goals (since I've currently got no ideas, I'm going to have to start slow) and I AM going to stick to them.

3) Have a baby. Only God and nature can really control this, so it's a goal, and I'm going to do anything in my power to accomplish it, but there is truly only so much I can do.

4) Be a better mom. I'm on my way to this already. This new training system is really helping both her behavior and my temper. But there is always room for improvement. This will likely be one of those that I renew every year for the rest of my life, no matter how well I do the year before. It was certainly on my list for 2009.

What are YOUR goals for 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment