Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Definition of Happiness

Happiness: (or glad) an emotional or affective state that is characterized by feelings of enjoyment and satisfaction. As a state and a subject, it has been pursued and commented on extensively throughout world history. This reflects the universal importance that humans place on happiness. (from Wikipedia)

Today, Mr. Moose and I learned the results of our blood test – we are pregnant. Just barely over 4 weeks. We are, of course, thrilled. My progesterone is low. So my wonderful ARNP has prescribed progesterone supplements. We are both walking around grinning like fools. In the near future, I will probably begin a new blog specific to the pregnancy to share with the family and leave this for my venting space. I will keep you all posted. I know I have a couple of readers (Hi, Heather and Jill) and my counter shows me that I have plenty of hits, so there may be more.

We have begun calling our future off-spring Kremit, now KM. Have you ever heard the spoof on the Muppets where Kermit and whoever is his co-host are high? He refers to himself as Kremit the Frog, the show is brought to you by the letters F and U, etc. I laughed so hard when I heard it – and the name Kremit stuck for our little bean. But I kept referring to our little Kremit as a “he” so I decided we needed a more gender neutral name. Kremit Moose (KM) was then brought into rotation. Both Mr. Moose and I have been walking around with huge smiles on our faces ever since we got the official news.

My doc did warn me that there are 3 options for why my progesterone is low. 1. It could be just that I am so newly pregnant (truly, I’m at 14 DPO) that my progesterone has not raised to a high level, 2. I could have luteal phase defect (which was my own diagnosis from my charting patterns – she suggested it at the appointment, so I’m really bargaining on this one) or 3. I have already begun to miscarry and this is my body lowering my progesterone. She is fairly confident that the third is not the case, but likes to be more safe than sorry. She diagnosed me on paper as “threatened miscarriage” so that the insurance won’t give me problems about the progesterone and extra appointment (this was an earlier than usual appointment – they don’t usually have you come in until 6-8 weeks, so they can do the first initial ultrasound and try for the heartbeat. I’m going to hold off as long as I can so there is a better chance of hearing the HB. I had a follow up Hcg blood draw after I saw the doctor and will find out the results tomorrow afternoon or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment