Friday, September 30, 2011

7 (Neuroticly Obsessive) Quick Takes

  1. I'm starting to freak out. I have only gotten regrets from my "Please RSVP" note on my party invitation. Granted, even then, it's only been 3 of them and I invited 50 people, but still. AND! My "cousin" (my mom's best friend's daughter - she's "aunt Sharon" to me, so "cousin") is hosting a Thirty-One party the week before. We don't have a lot of friends in common, so that's not an issue, but she was one of my top prospects for both coming AND hosting a party, so that's out. 
  2. And I keep finding these amazing deals for great little things I can put in my hostess gifts, door prizes, and "bring a friend" gifts. But I really think I should stop buying now. I don't even know what all I have at the moment - I need to stop, take stock and put the gifts together to see what I need still and yet, I have all this other stuff that is a higher priority for RIGHT NOW. 
  3. I also keep thinking of cute little ideas to MAKE for said gifts, but then I'm like will people actually like them? I mean, every single one of these things is something I'd like to get, but I am not everyone. And I have a weird obsession with paper and journals and notepads, so there's that, too. And part of what I'd like to promote with my shows is the opportunity to help with organization, so do little things I've made (decorative candles, framed inspirational quotes) really help support that?
  4. What if this doesn't work out? What if I've spent time and money and effort and I fail from the get go? I know that these types of things are not always "easy" since you are only successful if you can continually book parties and you will quickly run out of friends to help you out. 
  5. And that's the other thing. My closest friends? None of them have offered to host a party. I'm going to have to get a little more pushy and I don't really want to! My BF, K, even told me she wanted to do a Pampered Chef party soon, so she couldn't host a party for me. Seriously?
  6. I wanted to do some "bigger" gifts as well, like Starbucks giftcards, and even a couple of products (smaller ones, obviously) from Thirty-One, but I don't really know how to go about getting the freebies since I already placed my big order (I should have thought of this ahead!) and I'm assuming that I will have to send in a minimum order once I get started officially. I wish I didn't have this time limit hanging over my head and I could go ahead and sign my contract NOW. But then, since I'm freaking out about it a little, maybe that's not a good idea, either...
  7. Loyal reader Jessica asked "What is Thirty-One?" in the comments the other day. And I'm happy to explain! Thirty-One is a great little company that sells bags, totes, organizational items, as well as gifts. Many of the items can be personalized. Their selection is fun and functional and it is set up as an in-home product party type of of scenario and their employees/consultants are "independent contractors" so they have the opportunity to work for themselves and be flexible in their schedules. (Think Mary Kay, Party Lite, Pampered Chef etc.)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for explaining!

    If you invited 50 people, I'm sure a bunch will show up. I'm invited to a Mary Kay open house this Sunday and I intend to go, but didn't RSVP. I'm terrible at it - I always worry that right after I say I'm coming something will come up and I'll have to un-RSVP. Plus, I figure it's better to have unexpected extras at parties like this than a bunch of people who say they'll come, then don't. I realize this isn't an excuse (I *should* RSVP) but I'm too paranoid about being the person who doesn't show to definitively say I'll come.

    ReplyDelete