Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend Review

I went to a product party this weekend. Technically, my mom and I were co-hosting. But, while I'd seen the products before (and even owned a couple, thanks to gifts from my mom) I'd never been to one of the parties before. My mom kept telling me that I should consider selling this stuff. And now I am. I will be signing up to be a consultant with this company - more on this later. But I'm very excited. I'm just nervous. I know I can get up in front of people and talk about the products, but my concern about these things is always - will I get more bookings? And once I've hit up all my friends to book parties, then what? My mom can and will only host so many, you know?

I took Fuss to her first movie-theater movie this weekend. They did a short-term re-release of The Lion King in theaters to promote the release of the Blu-Ray version coming out. I hadn't seen it in theaters before (on video, but missed it in the theater) so it was a new experience for me as well. She loved it. She loved the theater experience, the popcorn, the seats, the big screen. She behaved wonderfully and excitedly asked "can we see it again?" as the credits rolled and the lights came up at the end.

We had a bad week last week here at Casa Fuss. Fuss has just been very difficult lately and the tantrums and the disobedience have gotten out of control. Things improved over the weekend with the constant monitoring/teaching of both parents on her, but between that and my PMS last week (I started on Friday) I think we have found the reason for my horrible week last week. I no longer feel as if I need to sell her to science, so things are looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment