Monday, September 26, 2011

After some (minor) drama in getting it moving, I finally got my Thirty-One order submitted last night. For $150 I got nearly $500 in product once I factored in my Hostess rewards (credit and half-priced items) and it's a great business investment PLUS I get a bunch of fun, useful stuff! Yay!

And then this morning I realized that I should have ordered a pen case to hold all my pens, but I'll get that the next time around.

Anyhow, I am so psyched about this. And part of my excitement is that my husband is also really excited for me. He sat down the other night and said, "I have something I need to say," and I thought he was going to tell me to slow down, not get so caught up, quit buying the stuff until my contract was signed (I've been searching for and buying hostess gifts, supplies, etc.) But he told me that he was really excited for me, he was so happy to see me doing something that was making me happy, that he was proud of me for taking the leap and making steps to do this, etc. He pointed out that 3 months ago, I wouldn't have (because of the way I was feeling, etc.) and he's so happy that things seem to be moving forward. He's such a supportive husband! I am blessed and lucky to have him.

On the other hand, some of my excitement is tempered by the fact that no one else from my initial list of "might possibly book a party" friends has offered to do so! I sent out the email Thursday, I think, and while I do have 4 shows committed (the minimum to sign up) I was hoping to get at least 2 more before my big kick off. At this point, I'd be happy with one. But it will happen! I'm (somewhat) confident!


No comments:

Post a Comment