This is going to have to be quick, because I'm on a time-crunch, but here's my last few weeks in bullets with a few pics thrown in to help with the monotony:
- Little Man's birthday: he turned one, he had a party (which went very well!) and he got dedicated. He had his well-check (22 lbs, 5oz, 29.25" tall) and is starting to pull up and stand while leaning on things. We lowered his crib, he got 2 more teeth (at once - he's up to 6 now) and he got his first pair of Stride Rite shoes. And even those seem like they might still be too narrow.
- I got my haircut. I loved it in the salon, though I was a little surprised as she kept cutting away at my hair, but it's cute, it's at least a little different (as I told her that I had had the same haircut since I was 4 and wanted something different without sacrificing my versatility). I loved it, I hated it, I tolerated it and I've embraced it. (All in 8 days!) I'm currently rocking the semi-big hair look that reminds me of my mom in her 30s, but hey! I'm in my 30s. I can pull it off. :)
- Fuss: is still fussy, she's 3, she's a whirlwind of cuteness, sass, and trouble, but I love her. She began dancing school (ballet/tap/tumbling) this week and is loving it.
- I'm on the MOPS committee this year, so that's kept me busy. We have our kick-off tomorrow and I'm already worn out. But it's fun, it gets me socializing more, gets me active at church, and lets me socialize.
- I'm still taking cake decorating classes. I love them and I'm about to start one that focuses mostly on fondant. Yay!
- Our street has been flooding regularly lately due to some drainage issues and my husband unfortunately flooded his car last week. Thanks to an old friend who used to be a mechanic, it is running once again and all seems to be well. We haven't reported it to the insurance company, so I'm thinking it won't show up on the record for when we need to resell it. Not that we're planning to do so any time soon, but nonetheless.