Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rescheduled

I had plans yesterday weeks in advance. I was going to lunch for a 3-generation luncheon w/ my mom, mom's BFF, her daughter and her kids. It was a couple of months in the making and kept having to be postponed due to schedule conflicts (mostly, my mother's). That got cancelled this past weekend when my mom (again) didn't get her schedule in line for Tuesday.

So I made plans with another friend for a shopping/research trip for that day. (Tuesdays are my day off. I like to have something planned to get us out of the house.) My friend, an old high school friend who I reconnected with via Facebook, is expecting her first child soon and wanted to get some advice on what to register for. We were heading to BRU to check stuff out.

On Tuesday morning, my friend called to cancel. She had aggravated some previous sciatic nerve pain and could barely walk, so shopping was out.

Daddy Fuss was working from home Tuesday morning. We had all had rough nights the night before for varying reasons, so I skipped my walk. The Fuss was all over the place. She couldn't leave her daddy alone - it was sort of like "well, you're here - why aren't you playing with me?" so when my friend called, he politely asked me where we WERE going to go.

I called my sister-in-law and we went to lunch at the mall. Overall, the Fuss did very well, except for when she wanted more of the Chick-fil-A Peach Milkshake (yummy - really, really yummy) than I wanted to give her.

We ended up stopping at Sears and I caught a sale in the baby dept. I found the cutest little shortalls for her - (I had her wear them today and this was probably one of her cutest outfits ever. I wish I had a good picture of it, but I'm sure she'll be wearing it again in the future) and ended up buying her a cute onesie when her diaper leaked and I needed a change of clothes for her.

I finally got my 3-generation meet-up today. It was very nice. It made me think about all the years we've known each other. My mom and her friend have been friends for over 30 years. Her daughter and I have known each other all our lives. I think The Fuss might have her first crush on the oldest son of my friend. She trailed after him all afternoon and then she wouldn't stop hugging him. So cute. He's 2. And adorable. So is she, so maybe they would be a cute couple. (I am so kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment