Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?

So, all week I’ve been wondering if I’m pregnant, though technically it should be too early to show symptoms or be able to tell anything. I’m totally baffled by the information I’m finding regarding late ovulation. I ovulated on day 17, but recently I’ve been having very short cycles (26 days last month, 27 before that), so it doesn’t really allow for that full 10 DPO, now does it? If you don’t implant until 7-10 DPO, how is my baby supposed to implant if I start spotting on day 7 or 8?

I’ve had very tender breasts for about a week and my temps are significantly higher than they were last month, so I’ve been hoping. But last night after sex, I had a bit of pinkishness, so who knows? I feel like I have to tell myself that I could be pregnant in order to stick with the healthy habits (like no alcohol, eating veggies, exercise) but I also don’t want to get my hopes up too high. Last month I started spotting on day 25, which this month is tomorrow. Guess I might not have to worry about when I’m going to test at work (so Mr Moose won’t know right away).

I know we haven’t been “officially” trying for that long, but it’s still frustrating.

Gilmore Girls last night (“Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?” episode 7.16) made me tear up at the end of Lane’s shower (I told my mom that if I was on bed rest for my own shower, she was totally pushing my bed across the town square to get to it) when Lane asked Rory to be her “Lorelai Gilmore” as her mom had been for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment