Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oy with the poodles already!

I've spent the last hour googling things like "vomit, fever, child, 4 days" because my kids are sick. I thought it was a short-lived thing, since Fuss began her fever on Monday night and seemed better by midday yesterday, but her fever is back this afternoon with a vengence and brought along a friend, vomit. Fun times. The Little Man started his fever yesterday and threw up twice this morning, but other than the fever still hanging on and general fussitude, he seems better than his sister, at least for now.

I've got so much going on this week - yesterday was supposed to be the beginning of our non-stop 5 days of business and I've had to cancel a lot. Fuss did feel well enough to go to dance class last night, which was nice since it was Visitor's night and my in-laws all came along and it was the first time they let the parents in the classroom since the first week. So cute.

I turned in my latest Thirty-one order and have hit the 2nd-level threshold for my Start Swell Incentive, so I'm pretty psyched about that. I also got my first "paycheck" today - my commission check was deposited into my account this morning and it is so nice to be earning some $$ again. If I have an average party this weekend (which I'm really hoping, since I'm driving all the way to Orlando to do it), I will hit my top goal for my first 45 days and I will be able to get my second kit for free. Which is awesome.

I've booked another show for December, gotten my in-laws excited about the next 2 months of incentives, potentially booked a way-out-of-town book party for December/January and have a strong lead on 2 January fundraiser deals. I'm feeling confident right now.

But I really, really wish I could make my kids feel better. Fuss keeps telling me how much she misses her daddy - something I understand all too well. And the Little Man can't decide if he wants to be free or to snuggle and seems to whine every time his whim changes.

I have no idea what to do about tomorrow. It's MOPS and I have 3 of the four Mentor Mom's out this month. We have 3 alternates (one of which will be out of town as well) so I was supposed to lead my own Discussion group as well as my regular duties. Plus I really wanted to hear this speaker. But I can't bring my sick kids to the kid care. I don't even like it when other moms bring their kids with the sniffles, so flu-like symptoms seem like a ridiculous conflict. I just don't know what to do!




No comments:

Post a Comment