Friday, November 30, 2007

Late nights, etc.

Last night the neighbor behind us (they have 2 kids, teenagers) apparently let their children have their youth group over or something. In the evening I heard a bunch of teens singing praise choruses and whatever. No biggie.

When I went to bed at 9:30 they seemed to be doing a lesson or something – oddly, it sounded like they had a microphone (their backyard isn’t really that big, but whatever). It was distant enough – and only one voice – that I was still able to fall asleep.

I woke at 11:11pm for my first round of bathroom breaks. By this point, it sounded like a party. And basketball? The cranky, tired, pregnant woman in me considered calling the police – they were being awfully loud for after 11 at night, but I behaved and was tired enough that I was eventually able to fall asleep after rejecting the idea of getting dressed, walking over there and telling them to keep it down.

Who let’s their kids have that many people over on a school night? If they do it again, I will calmly complain to Maggie, the mom. I don’t have a problem with them having friends over, etc. but 11:30 at night when most people have to work the next morning is kind of ridiculous to be escalating the noise that’s been going on all night.

Mr. Moose is out of town and I hate that. He’s in Cleveland, OH at a training conference that he really shouldn’t have had to go to. He’s there with a female co-worker – and when that got mentioned to my dad he sort of gave me a weird look. I then felt the need to defend it – it wasn’t his decision, blah, blah. I’m not worried that anything will happen or anything – I know the woman, I more than trust him, etc. but it does look at least a little funny, so I don’t really know what else to say on that. He’s freezing his butt off since, in Florida, we don’t ever have cold enough weather to merit cold-weather clothes. I sent him with layers, a snow cap he bought last February in Indiana, a jacket and boots that are made for walking in ice and snow (that he also bought last time in IN). He had to buy gloves last night since he couldn’t find his.

My dad came over last night to do the grout on the tile in my kitchen (the backsplash – it’s done!). I brought up the subject of my going into labor and asked him if he wanted to know when I did or if he just wanted to know when it was over. He was very adamant that he wanted to know when and be aware, etc. I can’t picture him pacing the waiting room or anything, but it’s kinda nice to know that he wants to be involved. K says that he’s been getting really excited about the prospect lately – I can just never tell with him.

No idea how to finish this post – I’m kind of spacy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment