Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hiding

As I was rushing like crazy to get out the door to Bible study this morning, I started thinking about the issues I'm having this week. I decided to ask for some prayer to help me deal with this stuff and was formulating in my mind what I would during my prayer request. I nearly started to cry thinking about this week - how nothing seems to be going right, how stressed I am, how every time I talk to my daughter, she argues with me about the stupidest things, how tired I am from a late night not being able to settle myself/get comfortable and then the baby waking up and refusing to be put down (I ended up making him cry it out and turning down the monitor because it was completely ridiculous) and how for the 2nd week in a row, I hadn't gotten my study homework done. I'm burned out. I'm exhausted. And I'm feeling very helpless.

My husband is awesome. He supports me and encourages me and sometimes even carries me through. He is really trying to be so completely amazing - especially since the marriage conference last week (and let me tell you, I thought he was pretty good at listening and letting me vent before that weekend - he is even better now!) But I cannot be completely dependent on him for every little thing - that isn't fair to him and I should be capable of handling life, etc.

But some days, I'm not. Some days I'd much rather whole up and hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment