Saturday, August 18, 2012

Granny Panties

There is nothing like needing to borrow a pair of undies from your grandmother to make you feel
  • completely un-sexy
  • embarassed
  • grouchy
  • very silly indeed
Trust me on this one.

Since my 2nd pregnancy (and the massive weight-gain that followed) I've worn what I jokingly referred to as "granny panties". High-cut briefs, mostly. They are more comfortable and fit my larger-than-I'd-like rear, so my dear husband just has to deal. I have mostly black, so he doesn't complain (much) though he still suggests the thongs, g-strings, and sexy-looking boy shorts from Fredericks occasionally. I put on the boy-shorts at least once a week. The others come much less frequently.

But now I know what REAL granny panties look like on me - and it is NOT pleasant. My husband had better not complain about my cotton, under the belly-button style in the near future. I think I could have used these things as a blanket for my new "niece". (really, my best friend's baby, but we've been friends for so long, we're basically family.) Except of course, they were white and cheap polyester. Hope I never have to go through that again.

But thanks, Gram, for the assist. I really do appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment