Friday, August 12, 2011

Quick takes while the baby fusses at me

1. Apparently I'm only blogging every other day this week. In some ways this is a good thing. It means I am coming out from behind my computer screen and not glued to a chair. In other ways... I liked having a dedicated writing of SOMETHING daily. And also I'm addicted to Pinterest and am spending much of my computer time pinning stuff and looking at things others have pinned. There are good things there, too - I'm feeling the creative juices start to flow!

2. The TV in my living room is currently playing some sports news show (Mike and Mike maybe?) because Fuss is on TV restriction for coloring on her brother and I am too lazy to get up while I'm computing and turn it off/change the channel.

3. I was awake at 4:00am last night making a grocery list and planning what I wanted to do for my birthday cake. I probably should have been sleeping. Current thoughts on the cake: Butter yellow cake w/ chocolate fudge icing in the middle and chocolate ganache topping. There will likely be some sort of floral decoration on it, as we're focusing on advanced flowers in class right now.

4. My house is a disaster, but I am going to do something about it this weekend. Right now, though I am SO OVERWHELMED with the mess that it is creeping me out to look at it.

5. Going shopping w/ my SIL and her best friend today to take advantage of the ax Free weekend and get Fuss some new Crocs (at minimum) since she lost one on our trip. Love to shop, but A and LP tend to be shopping marathoners, so I anticipate being very tired this evening.

6. My mom and I are planning to make back-to-back hair consultation appointments some time soon. I am excited as I am completely bored with my hair right now.

7. Fuss peed in her bed last night and came to ME when she woke up wet. She usually goes to my husband in the middle of the night, so I don't get it. Ah well. I set her up on the couch because I wasn't going to change her sheets right then at 5am with the baby likely to wake any moment.

1 comment:

  1. Our tax-free weekend was last week and I missed it. We were pretty busy. I'm bummed.

    ReplyDelete