Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Much better, thanks

I had a rough week last week. I guess you could tell from that post, but seriously, I was in a bad way. But Saturday things were better and by Monday I was in a really good place.

This morning, when The Fuss woke up from her morning nap she wanted to snuggle while she drank (more like chugged - 0-empty in - well, a very fast time - I didn't time it) and her milk and she just gazed at me with her beautiful blue-gray eyes and I stroked her soft skin and felt her warmth and all was right with the world. It was this amazing moment that only a mother would understand because it sounds kinda weird, but well - you either get it or you don't, right? And I felt like maybe I could do this mothering thing after all.

I talked to my college roommate this afternoon for the first time in a couple years. Periodically, we exchange emails, but I had a military-related question to ask that was time sensitive (more later) and she was the best source I could think of to ask. Her husband is a Marine recruiter. It was great to chat for a few minutes and catch up. It's interesting to see how different we are now, even though we're both married and have kids.

++++

We're trying to buy a mini van. I've wanted one for awhile, but we're just now getting to the point where it's becoming more of a reality to get one. But we have limited funds and will not take a bank loan to get one, so we're taking our time in searching. I found a listing on craigslist yesterday that sounded so perfect. Daddy Fuss traded emails with the owner a bit, and then we were told he was in the military and was being deployed in 2 weeks and was in a far away state and if we went though ebay's buyer protection plan, would we be interested in trying it, etc.?

We considered it - it sounded like exactly what we were looking for, the guy gave us the VIN number, etc. But I wanted to confirm that the guy was in fact in the military, so I called my old roommate to see if that was possible. She warned me that they had been notified that a bunch of scammers were using craigslist, claiming to be military personnel, etc. She also told me that if someone being deployed wanted to sell their car, it would be easy to do since there were always people coming back who were in the market, and if they couldn't that the military would store their vehicle for free, etc. I was like, "you know that makes sense."
Daddy Fuss and I are typically very trusting individuals. When we got engaged, we fell for a scam involving high-end pots and pans and now every time I hear a "too good to be true" deal I ask him if that's what this is - "is this more pots and pans?" I think we did okay this time trying to do the research to figure it out before we went crazy with putting money into it, etc.

++++

I'm actually almost caught up with laundry for the first time in months. I have 1 more load to do, but I'm out of detergent. Isn't that always what happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment