Sunday, October 14, 2012

Whistles Blows Again

I've got warring factions going on in my head. My husband was at his second job most of yesterday. I feel like I barely saw him.
This morning he woke early to go over to his mom's house to help repair her roof. He thought it would be a fairly short project (though "repairing a roof" really doesn't sound like a short project, does it?) and even thought he'd be home in time to go to church with us at 9. (I expected otherwise, but for some reason was still surprised when my MIL called and said he wasn't going to make it and then I got stressed because I thought we were going to be late now that I didn't have any help w/ the kids.) We've been to church and come home and there is no sign of him.

It ended up being a good thing, because the message in Sunday School really spoke to me and convicted me that I need to change some things in my life. But then I return home to not-working internet (again) and not working AC (again) and I'm stressed and grumpy and I have a headache (again) and all I want to do is spend money we don't have because that is what I want to do when I'm stressed and grumpy.

Yes, I know we are going to have 36 hours of uninterrupted "Us Time" next weekend (we are going away for a day and a night to the Food & Wine Festival), but that does little to help me TODAY.  And I am burned out on my own and I want to recharge with my husband. And the week that stretches before us until we get to go to Orlando seems incredibly long.



No comments:

Post a Comment