Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Anxious

I am having oral surgery - really just a ton of dental work done tomorrow. I insisted on going to a dentist that promotes sedation dentistry because I HATE THE DENTIST. I typically have low blood pressure (on the safe side of low, but low) and they kept asking me when I was there for my consult if I was on any medication for my high blood pressure. Um, no, I'll be fine when I leave your office. Seriously.

They gave me medicine to take tonight to help me sleep and more to take in the morning. I wish they'd given me more, since I have woken up the last 2 nights and been unable to sleep because I'm worrying about the stupid dental visit. If I wasn't in such bad shape, I would SO not be doing this.

I feel like I'm freaking out. And I'm more stressed now since they informed me yesterday that I won't be OUT out, just drugged and calm and the drugs they are giving me will give me amnesia of a sort. Honestly, they'd make me happier if they knocked me out and I woke up and it was done.

I hate the drilling - both the sound and the feeling of the vibrations. I hate sitting there for hours with my mouth open. I hate the pain and discomfort of the during, the after, even the Novocaine needle. I hate the smell. I hate that my jaw seems too small for the crap (including their hands) that they have to fit in my mouth to get the work done.

 Freaking out. Tense.
And this morning, I woke up with a stuffed up nostril and the Little Man woke up with what appears to be hives. Good times.

Still freaking out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry! I really hate the drilling, too, especially the vibrations. Just think about how it will be over soon.

    ReplyDelete