Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sick of being unwell

I wouldn't say that I am "sick" per se, but I swear I've been unwell more often than not for what seems like forever. Headaches, stomach issues, other body pains. Sure, some of it has got to be just age, getting older, and the fact that I am over weight and don't get nearly enough exercise. But some of it... I think there might be something else I can't put my finger on.

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and find a GP and ask for a referral to a head doctor. I think I need my head examined in that "why is she having so many headaches?" sort of way (not that I couldn't use a good counselor some days, too! ha!)

I feel weird about it, though. I guess I'm assuming that it's nothing, while knowing in the back of my mind that it could be something. But the headaches suck and I'm at the frequency of more-often-than-not so something needs to be done. (And seriously? WHEN did all the Excedrin Migraine get recalled? Because there are days when that is the only thing that keeps me from hiding under the covers in the fetal position moaning softly into my pillow and praying the kids don't light the house on fire while I am in my misery.)

No comments:

Post a Comment