Because I am a slacker and have nothing especially interesting to post today, I am doing a new fun meme.
Someone gives you TEN million dollars, but you have only TEN weeks to spend it or it's lost (and it can't be invested in any sort of accounts - you've got to spend it on services or material things). What TEN things do you do with it?
1. Buy my dream house, a new house for my MIL, and a house nearby for my sister when she comes home from the mission field, so she has no excuse to not return to our area.
2. Give a bunch of money to my sister's mission, and donations to Until.org, CF research, and A Walk for Life
3. Take a dream European vacation with Daddy Fuss and The Fuss. A few days in France, London, spend the night in a Scottish Castle, and a couple of weeks in Italy.
4. Buy both Daddy Fuss and I new cars - practical ones, but nice and comfortable.
5. Shop. Buy myself a whole new wardrobe, and some pretty things for The Fuss, too. Buy some really snazzy shirts for Daddy Fuss and replace his Birkenstocks.
6. Get Daddy Fuss the camera he's been drooling over plus all the fun accessories.
7. Get some great gadgets for the house - one of those nifty mixers, a vacuum that works really well, a really fancy fridge, etc. If the house doesn't already have one, get and install a whirlpool tub (for 2) in the master bath.
8. Hire a cleaning service that does contracts, then pay ahead for as much time as they'll let me.
9. Buy a MacBookPro plus all the software I really want that is way too over priced for me now.
10. Restaurant gift cards - I love to eat out and it's so expensive.
You may only own NINE books for the rest of your life. What are they?
1. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
2. the final Christy Miller book (by Robin Jones Gunn - I can't remember the title and I'm too lazy to go look at it - but it's my favorite and I can't wait to pass it on to The Fuss)
3. Anne of Avonlea by LM Montgomery
4. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
5. Taking Charge of Your Fertility (can you tell what place I'm in in my life right now? But seriously - it's an awesome, very useful book)
6. my Bible
7. The Baby Name Wizard - I won't be naming children forever, but I do love studying names
8. Gone With the Wind
9. nearly anything by Alexandra Ripley (either of the Charleston books or the New Orleans book are my favorites)
Name EIGHT moments in your life that you're proud or happy to remember.
1. My wedding day - specifically the walk down the aisle at the end of the ceremony.
2. My first kiss with Daddy Fuss
3. Graduation Day (high school)- specifically the final time I sang with the choir "God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again"
4. My last day working full-time for my dad.
5. My final day of class at college.
6. Finding out I was pregnant - seeing that second line.
7. The moment Daddy Fuss asked me to marry him
8. The first moment I got to be alone with The Fuss in the hospital
List SEVEN tasks you'd be happy never to have to do again.
1. Changing a diaper
2. Cleaning out the trap in my kitchen sink.
3. Cleaning the toilet
4. Picking the bugs off the dogs
5. Waking up for the 3rd time in the middle of the night to feed the baby
6. Waking up for the 2nd time in the middle of the night to feed the baby (I don't mind once, at least for now)
7. Typing my boss's dictation tapes
Name SIX of your own acquired skills or personality traits of which you are proud.
1. My creativity
2. My writing skills
3. My friendliness
4. My singing voice
5. My ability to know most of what's going on at the office (when I'm there)
6. My computer skills
List FIVE movies you have seen at least FIVE times and/or would be willing to watch at least FIVE times in the future.
1. Sabrina (the newer one with Harrison Ford)
2. French Kiss (because, especially in my younger years all men were bastards)
3. A Walk To Remember
4. Love Actually
5. The Notebook
Name FOUR features of your own body that you like.
1. My hair color
2. My eye color
3. My shoulders (don't ask)
4. The scar on my right ring finger. (It helped me learn which was right and which was left, and still comes in handy when I'm having a moment and can't remember that)
List THREE pieces of your furniture you'd like to replace.
1. Our couch - I wish I'd waited a little longer to pick one out.
2. I'd like to upgrade to a better glider in The Fuss's room
3. Bookshelves - I'd love to have a good set of matching bookshelves that go perfectly in our house instead of the mismatched random ones that are everywhere.
Name TWO skills and/or personality traits which you are still developing.
Find (or recite if you're just that good) ONE quotation that expresses something you find profoundly true.
"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon
THE END! I tag Heather and Nicole, since I know you are likely reading this. :-)