Friday, March 19, 2010

Quick! Takes!

1. This no TV thing is both easier and harder than I thought it would be. When there isn't something on that I specifically want to watch (which, I admit, can sometimes be reruns of my favorite shows that I already have somewhat memorized) it's no big thing. The 12-5 hours in the afternoon? No biggie to leave the TV off. But in the evenings when my prime time shows are on? Frustrating. When I want a quick weather report before getting dressed at 6am? Problem. When I want to unwind in the evening with the lights off, snuggled next to my man and watch a movie? Grrr.

2. Really looking forward to getting back to my old, faithful chiropractor this afternoon. It's been 7 months. I miss him. And my back? it misses him even more.

3. It is driving me crazy to not know the gender of this kid inside me. I am really gearing up for the planning stages and I feel (whether this is logical or accurate or not) like I can't do any of the planning until I know. I can't go through the old clothes to sort what I'm going to give to my girlfriends who are having girls this time around and I can't start my registry and I don't know why it's bugging me so much, but it is!

4. My dad is coming over on Sunday to check out the garage so we can start planning it's conversion into a new bedroom. Yay!

5. Have I mentioned my desire for a new couch? I really hate the one I've got and I picked out a really reasonably priced one a couple of weeks ago. We're hoping to come up with a couple hundred extra dollars so we can buy it soon. I'm hoping by the next random-bank-holiday-furniture-sale weekend.

6. I also want a new recliner for when the baby comes. Something I can sleep in with him/her in my arms if needed. We got rid of the futon that was in Fuss's room when she first came home, which was the only available option for us to lay on and hold her if we wanted to give the other person a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. Now we have nothing of the sort.

7. WHy is my daughter crying when she only went down for her nap 30 minutes ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment