Friday, March 12, 2010

7 Quick Takes

1. I'm watching Grey's Anatomy for the 2nd time in awhile (Daddy Fuss and I have stopped watching any primetime shows that we don't both enjoy, so this was one of the casualties. Though he can stand it, it's not really one he enjoys) and I'm enjoying having sole-possession of the remote control, though I'd gladly give it up to have him home tonight. (It was just as well that he couldn't get a flight home tonight, as they apparently closed the airport due to thunderstorms or some such.) I am looking forward to his arrival tomorrow. (but WHAT is up with blonde Lexie? I really prefer the brunette)

2. MOPs is tomorrow and while I'm not a huge fan of one of the speakers scheduled, I am so excited to get back this month! I missed it last month when Fuss was sick. And I am so glad things are looking better this month, so far!!! I will also be officially announcing my pregnancy to them this month, so that's another happy thought.

3. I found my favorite Easter candies on sale at Target this week and got a few more. Cadburry creme eggs and pink bunny Peeps. Ah, I love Easter.

4. It's driving me crazy that I don't yet know the gender of this new baby because I am so ready to start shopping. Someone recommended this great diaper bag from Land's End, but it comes in either pink or blue or this ugly khaki color, so I'm gonna have to get it gender specific. I also am struggling with finding cute boy clothes I like so on the rare occasion that I find something, I want to buy it just in case and I can't because I don't know if it's really what I need! And I don't know any of my IRL girlfriends who are having boys (everybody I know IRL is having a girl!) so I don't even have anybody to pass it on to in case I buy it and can't use it!

5. Fuss was really well behaved today and I am so glad. She had a ton of energy and was so friendly and happy overall, but I only had to threaten her with discipline once or twice and never had to follow through because she didn't obey. Yay!

6. We're going to have to take a step toward potty training soon. Her voluntary interest seems to have waned, so we're going to try some motivation and a weekend of taking her to sit on the potty every 20 minutes coming up soon. I'm not sure I'm ready for it (it seems like so much work!) but I know that if it works it will SO be worth it.

7. I have so much laundry to fold and I'm sitting here watching TV and blogging instead. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment