Monday, March 22, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. When you were a senior in high school, what career did you think you’d choose? Did you? Why or why not?
I thought I was going to be a Journalism major and become a reporter. I did a year or so of Journalism major and related classes, and realized pretty quickly that I did NOT want to become a reporter. It was not the life I wanted. I had picked it because I enjoyed working on my high school paper and I loved to write. Of course, I loved to write FICTION which you shouldn't do as a reporter (though, some could argue that many do, in fact write fiction)

2. What one thing about the “real world” did you find most surprising once you were on your own?
How hard it is to keep up. The bills, the chores, etc. I think when I was a teen all I saw was freedom to make my own choices, etc. But there is so much responsibility to that freedom and you can't expect other people to bail you out or do you favors once you're at that point.

3. Name 3 things you think your closest friends DON’T like about you.
-I'm opinionated and with my close friends I don't bother to be quiet about it. I'm polite about it, but when I know I'm right, I can be pushy.
-I can be very messy. I'm always apologizing for my messy car, but rarely do much about it
-I have varied tastes in food, and with the exception of my husband, no one else seems to share it

4. In order to sleep, do you need background noise or absolute quiet?
I prefer quiet, but can handle a steady white noise or low-toned steady noise like the TV if I have to.

5. Why do you choose to reside in your current city? Yes, you have a choice :-)
Because we are close to our family. We were going to move to a city a little further away and then thought about kids and being by our family so they can spend more time with our children, etc.
6. Are you close to your parents?
Yes. My mom is one of my best girlfriends. And I'm Daddy's Little Girl, though lately I think I may have been replaced by my daughter. :)

7. What is your favorite fiction book? Poem? Blog?
Book: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Poem: don't have a favorite poem
Blog: MightyMaggie

8. Do you enjoy cooking or is it a chore?
I enjoy baking, but basic cooking isn't that much fun. I like when it all comes out really well, though!

9. Be honest. What one thing would (the majority of) your blog readers be shocked to find out about you?
No clue. Not that I'm completely open or anything (though I don't intentionally hide anything that I can think of other than our real names) but I can't think of anything specific. And considering some of the things I do talk about here, I doubt anyone would really be shocked by my other revelations.

10. If you were given your own national holiday, what would you require people to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner on the Day of You? Would there be a parade? Greeting cards?
No greeting cards, since I think that a lot of the holiday cards are just out there so that the card companies can make money (do you really need a card to celebrate St Patrick's Day? How about a beer instead?) And I would totally encourage people to eat spicy foods... Thai food, cajun food, etc.

For more 10 on Tuesday, visit Chelsea here.

2 comments:

  1. graet answers! and i LOVE spicy food, YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very nice when cooking turns out perfectly! Makes it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete