Friday, March 12, 2010

Convicted

I've been getting a lot of information lately about how negatively the media effects our children, regardless of their ages, etc. It seems to come from different sources, all trustworthy, and at different times, but it is really starting my mind rolling.

Daddy Fuss and I don't talk with "bad" language - we don't say a lot of curse words or call people derogatory names (well, there have been times in the car that we use the word "moron" too often, but I digress...) and we aren't violent people, so there isn't a lot of that in our house. But we love movies of all kinds and I'm starting to think we might need to reevaluate our own movie and TV choices whether the kid(s) are around to watch them or not.

Less language, less violence, less sex and other questionable "entertainment." I was reminded today that we need to hold ourselves to the standard of Phillipians 4:8
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."


No comments:

Post a Comment