Friday, March 5, 2010

7 Quick Takes

1. I met the "new" MD at my OB's office yesterday. Unlike everyone else in the office, he's really high-energy and fast-talking. He seemed very young - and that's saying something in this office! The Dr who did my GYN surgery several years ago looked like she was about 15. The only thing is, I felt like he didn't listen to me at all. He would let me start to ask a question and then before I was done, he'd start to talk over me with the answer. I've always preferred the midwives to the MDs, but I'd prefer to have the other guy over this one, if possible. He's nice enough, just not my cup of tea.

2. Seeing the the 13 week ultrasound (dildo-cam style) was so cool. We got to see the spine, rib bones, both hemispheres of the brain, the legs kicking all over and the little hand opened up and waved at us! It was very cool. We didn't get really get any good still shots, but it was a really cool looking.

3. Fuss had her annual appointment yesterday, too. She has another ear infection, so we had to delay the vaccinations. They gave us a prescription for a non-penicillin family antibiotic, which we are hoping she is not allergic to as well. :)

4. Fuss has learned to count to ten (she often gets stuck on 7, but once we remind her of the number, she can complete it) and knows all her basic colors. (blue, red, green, yellow, pink, purple, black, white) and she likes to tell me the colors of her crayons and the cars we see in parking lots.

5. I've been taking naps this week with the Fuss. But I missed yesterday because of the appointments. I really really missed it. Today, I am exhausted!

6. I lost another pound. And every time I hear that I've lost a pound, I get oddly excited. When I was pregnant with Fuss, I didn't worry about my weight and it seemed to take care of itself. I didn't gain a pound until 22 weeks. I know that it's not ideal to be losing weight right now, but for some strange reason, it's exciting me. I need to change my way of thinking, probably, but oddly, I'm pleased.

7. Holding a garage sale tomorrow, for a last-ditch effort in clearing out our garage before we start getting estimated on the remodel. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm hoping to earn a little money. In other things I'm not looking forward to: my husband is going on another business trip for most of the week next week.

For more quick takes, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment