Thursday, July 30, 2009

Clean streak

I went on a cleaning rampage today. I've declared Thursdays to be be LAUNDRY DAY lately. This means that by the end of Thursday evening, all laundry ( minus things used in the past 24-hours) is clean. Now, Daddy Fuss is supposed to help with the folding, which means not everything is folded and put away until the weekend sometimes when we both are a little more refreshed from the week's end. But today I was motivated to fold and put away the laundry I completed. I'm not completely done yet, but I'm close and so far, it's all put away.

I also cleaned the kitchen. I put away the clean dishes, I cleaned the dirty ones. I wiped down the counters, I cleaned the sink. I worked non-stop for a couple of hours and then sat down to check my email/blogs. I hadn't been sitting for more than 10 minutes when The Fuss decided to dump half a can of Coke all over her and her reasonably clean outfit (which happens to be one of my favorite outfits, natch.) And of course, HER laundry was already done. Of course.

I've been picking up her toys and all sorts of other junk all day. It seems like the moment I get 2 or 3 things off the floor, she pulls out 5 or 6 more. It's never ending.

My mom used to have a sign in our house "A clean house is a sign of a misspent life." I grew up with that philosophy on house cleaning. But now that I'm home more, I feel like I need to do more. (How many times have I posted this dilemma in the past 17 months?) So I'm really trying to keep the house picked up and in reasonable order.

I think I'm going to bake some brownies this afternoon. My husband loves brownies and milk, so it'll be a nice treat to have some dessert tonight. And if I make them tonight, he can take the leftovers to work tomorrow so I don't have them sitting around the house all weekend.

Wish me luck on finishing up the laundry. I really want him to be floored when he comes home tonight. Unfortunately, I'm guessing that I'm not going to get dinner out to preserve the spotless kitchen. But that's okay. I'll make it. My success is my own. I'm no Martha Stewart, but my house can look good and there can be fresh brownies waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment