Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I was the mascot. We were the Rhinos?

So the girls on the Luckies board will tell you that I have a fairly active sex life. (And they mostly know this from glancing at my charts when we are trying to conceive, but we talk very openly about all subjects and I do mean everything from the color of our offspring's poo to the way our husbands treat their sweaty genitalia.) We typically have sex 2-3 times on the weekends and 2-4 times during the week. (Which means I just answered incorrectly when I answered Amanda's poll... hmmm. Must learn to count). But I have to tell you that this time being pregnant, those particular hormones have ramped up. Seriously.

When I first got married, I didn't really get the whole "guys need sex very frequently" thing. Okay, I did, but his definition of frequently and mine were different. I thought 2 times per week, even as a newly wed was enough. He disagreed.

So when I thought about it, I realized that I could be selfish and make him always acquiesce to my schedule of such things, or I could (at least sometimes) please him and be willing more often. So I did. And to be honest (as I obviously am today - wow, who would have thought this was my subject of the day?) I got used to it. Now, having sex that frequently is normal and both of us are happier for it. (I noticed that when we DO go awhile without we tend to nitpick at each other more, get into more random disagreements and just not get along as well. Almost like we need an outlet for our frustrations...)

And I remember being fairly active in the sack post-1st trimester when I was pregnant with Fuss, but NOW? Oh. My. Goodness.

I had read about horny pregnancy hormones, but hadn't really thought much about it. But there have been days in the last month or so when we make love 2, 3, 4 times in a 24-hour period. I can't get enough. (Well, lately, I can, but it's not for lack of desire. It's just my girl-parts are getting more tired than the rest of me and I can't start out the day like that and expect to be really active all day with day to day stuff and then go again in the afternoon or evening.) And I am willing and able to try a few more things in bed than I used to be, which seems to very much please my dear husband. And the orgasms are A-MAZING! Everything feels more intense and more electric. I am SO into this. And my husband couldn't be happier.

(Anybody recognize the line from the title? I know a few people should...)

No comments:

Post a Comment