Tuesday, April 27, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. Think back a decade, do you remember what your first cellphone was? Was it as cool as Zack Morris’s phone?
After I had my first car accident (and since I had been out the night before, I still had my mom's cell in my purse) and was able to call my parents, my mom bought me a cell phone. I had 100 minutes per month or something ridiculous. I loved it, but it was very clunky. NOt quite Zack Morris clunky, but pretty big compared to the phones of today!

2. What is the first children’s book you remember being read to you?
Probably either The Goodnight Book (my mom is still obsessed with all books Eloise Wilkin - I have about a dozen for Fuss) or Velveteen Rabbit.

3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?
A '92 Ford Taurus. In 1999. At the time, I loved it, but I was very ready to be done with it when the time came for it to be retired.

4. Who was your hero growing up?
Realistic hero was probably my grandpa, but I also had a thing for Superman...

5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?
Absolutely not. I remember my sister comparing her first kiss to "wet cardboard" and mine was about that good. :S He was way better at this kissing thing in my head than in real life...

6. What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)
Going without bangs in 10th grade. I have much too pale and high of a forehead to be without bangs. I have no photos scanned of that period in my life, so no photos for you!

7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)
I had nightmares about my parents being hurt or killed that I would wake up and go running through the house to make sure they were okay.

8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?
Cockroaches. Stems from a time when I was about 7 where one crawled on my face while I was falling asleep.

9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?
At times, Oscar the Grouch...

10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?
Passing a math class in college or high school? Convincing my now-husband that it was time to get married? Graduating college? I dunno. They all had their challenges...

For more 10 on Tuesday, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment