Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Recipe!

I am starting a business - as a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts so I've been very distracted of late getting things ready! But! Today, I have a recipe to share that I found on Pinterest and it is yummy, yummy! (I promise, I made some myself. I'm also already plotting how to get a mini-loaf pan to give this stuff away for Christmas gifts, too!) So I thought I'd share in lieu of a real, post!


Cinnamon Sugar Bread
Ingredients
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup white sugar (divide it out, as you need some for the batter and some for the "filling")
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar. Add egg, milk, and oil to flour mixture.
Stir until just moistened.
Pour half of the batter into pan.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar (you can mix together cinnamon and sugar before hand, I didn't though I just sprinkled away).
Cover with remaining batter.
Top with more cinnamon/sugar if desired.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Wrap in foil and let sit overnight before slicing (I sliced off pieces then wrapped the rest of the loaf in foil).


No comments:

Post a Comment