Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm back - here's what you missed....

  • So we had a great, if exhausting, trip to NC. My kids played with their cousins and had so much fun. There were fights and arguments, but mostly they got a long and everyone was happy.
  • I have become a Pinterest addict. I'm gonna need a 12-step program if this continues. But I'm finding some awesome stuff, some great ideas, and some fun dreams, so overall it's a good thing, right?
  • My birthday is right around the corner. So is one of my closest friend's, Little Man's, etc. I am also enrolled in class 2 for cake decorating and I am so psyched. My cake turned out very cute at the end of the first class and I was so proud of myself for being one of the only ones to have come up with an original design.
  • With all the driving time we had, my husband and I spent a lot of time talking about our lives, our goals, our dreams. We are on the same page in so many ways and I am looking forward to implementing the ideas and plans we worked out. Goal #1 is to simplify our lives by purging the quantity of stuff we own and get into more of a rhythm with what we do. Goal #2 is to take some regular time to stretch my creativity. I miss being a creative person, something I once prided myself on. I will be getting back to my drawing, my scrapbooking, and I'm obviously getting into my cake decorating.
  • A garage sale is in our future. I can't wait to dump some of this stuff.
  • I'm trying something new with my hair - it's really more function than "pretty" per se, but until I get a haircut, I'm going for function.
  • I got cute new tennis shoes yesterday - I had admired my SIL LP's so much that I had her pick up some for me when she was at the store last night. So cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment