Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolve

I HATE New Years resolutions. I think I say this every year. Most people make a New Year's Resolution, screw up by the first of March and give up their pursuit of self-improvement. But I've got a few projects going on this year in that department - I'm ready to improve myself, my house, my life.

I'm reading 2 books that are supposed to help me with these goals. I'm reading Clutter Rehab by Laura Wittman who also writes the I'm An Organizing Junkie blog. I'm in need of some new tips to re-inspire me to get my house in order.

I'm also reading 48 days to the Work You Love. My husband read it and it inspired him to further educate himself and decide what direction he needs to pursue to get a new job that he feels he will actually like. He's been trying to talk me into reading it for months, but I've been dragging my feet and I finally agreed to do it and began it this past month. (It's slow going. See: 2 kids, holidays, etc.) But I'm motivated to get a better idea what I might be suited to. I love being home with my kids, but it depresses me to think that it's the only thing I'm suited for, when so often, I feel like there is something missing in my life.

My other project is to slim down and shape up. I've often said I'm out of shape, but if I'm honest, I can honestly say that I'm not just out of shape, I've never been IN shape. Starting at the age of 30, after birthing 2 children, I'm probably never going to be in super model shape (and I'm okay with that) but I can certainly improve from where I am currently, so I am motivated to do something at this point. Plus, once I reach my goal weight/size, I'm going to go buy some of those pretty clothes I've been drooling over.

I want my life to be more appealing. If this requires some effort on my part (it does - there is no "if" really) then I'm ready to step up and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment