Friday, January 19, 2007

Today (or lack of better title)

I was just reading Alexa’s archives over at Flotsam and was amazed/amused to hear that many people were exclaiming to her 27-yr-old self “but you’re so young” when the subject came up that she was TTC. What?! I’m 26 – people have been asking me that since I was 22 and 2 of my best friends were pregnant with their first child. I wasn’t married (did that after all my friends, too) and I wasn’t out of school and I was getting “so when are you going to have kids?”

This sort of goes along with my thoughts this morning as I was walking from the parking garage… I’m not old, by any means, but I am starting to wonder where the time goes to fit in a life. Mr Moose had been encouraging me to go back to school and get/finish a degree in something other than the Graphic Design AS that I have now. I wasn’t interested for several reasons: 1) it’s too expensive and I’m already in debt from my first degree, 2) with what time? I’d never see my husband and 3) I don’t really like school – why would I want to stress myself out to go back? So now I’m thinking about school on occasion – thinking about how I might like to teach and how that would be a great career for a mom since you get all that time off with your kids, etc. But since I’m trying to get pg NOW, when am I going to fit it all in? How am I going to manage to work (either full or part-time), have a baby, a husband AND go to school? No friggin’ clue.

I am desperately awaiting the upswing on my BBT chart. Since my period was early last month and I have no idea what my “true” CD1 was, I really haven’t got a clue as to when I might ovulate. The ovulation calculator at BabyCenter.com basically said it could be any time between today and like, Tuesday. Grrrr. I was doing so well for the first 2 months off the pill. Ovulating and starting a new cycle exactly on time- why on earth did it have to start screwing up just when we’re officially trying? And trying to schedule our vacation around that time? Forget it.

Oh, and let’s talk about trying to accurately take my BBT when I have to walk across the room to turn off the alarm in the AM. There is no electrical outlet even remotely near my bedside, so I have to get up, walk across the room, hit snooze and climb back in bed. Mr Moose won’t turn it off. He doesn’t even hear the first alarm 90% of the time. Case in point: He said “you got out of bed early this morning. I reached for you and you were gone after the first alarm.”
I said “I got right back in. You didn’t even stir.”
“No, you were gone.”
He hadn’t realized that what woke him up was the 2nd alarm which got me out of bed to pee and start the shower.
I told him yesterday that we were going to have to fix this. He looked at me incrediously. I told him we would either have to run a long extension cord around the room to get the clock by my bedside (by the way – the only one who will be inconveineinced by this in the slightest is Murphy, my dog. He sleeps on a pillow that will now be placed OVER the cord instead of, well, not) or move the bed. He was like “are you serious?” Why is this so hard to understand?

No comments:

Post a Comment